Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We are so blessed!!

Well, it's almost been three weeks now since our little Gavin came to us. Andrew and I have been having so much fun being parents. It's completed us even further.

I'm so thankful to have such a good baby!! Even our moms (who have 20 children between the two of them) are amazed at how good he is (and they've seen it all!). He sleeps all of the time. When he has his couple hours a day that he's not sleeping, he's totally content and just looks around. He eats for only about 5 minutes at a time so that goes quick and easy now. We had actually gone back to the doctor a week after his first appointment to make sure he wasn't still loosing weight because of not eating long, but he gained 18 ounces in that week!! That's almost 2 1/2 ounces each day! That blows the 1 ounce the doctor said he should gain a day out of the water! He never got jaundice either, his color has always been great. I realize as I'm writing this
that I probably just sound like another bragging mother!! But it's that I'm so grateful is why I share this. I think the Lord knew I needed him to be like this so I could take the time to recover (it's been going slow and still not there yet).

We really miss our friends in Jacksonville and are heartbroken that you guys have not seen him yet. I cry a lot thinking about it(right now for example). Please know that we love you all and think about you all of the time. It may be a little longer than we had hoped before we can come down because o Andrew's work, but we will be there the minute we can!

On the flip side, it's been awesome to be by family with the baby. It would be even more heartbreaking if our parents had just come down for a week after he was born and had to leave and not see him again for a couple of months (if we were still in Jacksonville). It's been a joy for all of our siblings to be so involved as well. We are so happy that everyone can share in this with us and be a part of his life.


Well, I guess that about does it for my thoughts today. So glad you took time to read this and look at the pictures!!!



First time going to church
(we went to Andrew's parents so they could show off Gavin)



Watching the Cowboys game with dad!



Mama & Gavin!

Chilin' in his swing

3 comments:

The Burkes said...

Sooooooo sweet! We miss you guys too and can't WAIT to see you 3 whenever you make it down!

The Cecil Family said...

We miss you as well. I understand the healing thing. It took me 15 weeks to not have pain when I walked. I thought there was something seriously wrong with me. I'm so glad he is good for you and that you are enjoying it. Happy Thanksgiving!

Life With Five Girls said...

Congatulations Andrew and Marie! He is really cute and I can't wait to see him. I've only had 2 babies, but if you need any advice or help let me know. Take care and rest a lot.
-Carrie Beinetti