Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day/ Lilac Fest

My first Mother's Day was great! It was so much fun to celebrate being a mom!! Andrew and Gavin treated me to a whole weekend of events! It started Saturday with flowers and a trip to the lilac festival. For those of you in Florida that might not know what lilacs are-they are one of my favorite flowers and smell sooo good!! The festival is at a park with beautiful hills full of lilac trees. The air smells so good! It was so nice!

Sunday morning I was greeted with breakfast in bed and gifts!! Then in the afternoon we all enjoyed a family nap together!! It was a fun weekend!

My favorite....chocolate chip pancakes!!



Gav gives the lilac fest two thumbs up!!




Gavin wanted some funnel cake!!


"Ohhh...what's this?!!"

We've gone from piggies in the sand to piggies in the grass!


He discovered the grass for the first time (it's the first chance he's had!), he loved it!



Me and my boy on Mother's Day!

3 comments:

John and Michelle said...

Hey Marie,
The pictures are great. Looks like you had a good time! Your baby boy is growing up so fast!

And I love the grass pictures. Makes me think of the grass back home. Nice SOFT grass. Not the stuff here in Florida they call grass!!

Take care!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a great dya. My boys took care of me also!! The lilacs are beautiful. Can't wait to see you next week.

The Burkes said...

I love the new pictures! I'm glad you felt celebrated! Can't wait to see you SOON!!! eeeek!